Thursday, May 5, 2016

Love made Him do it

I

“Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:”
Galatians 1:4 KJV

There are countless stories in human history of men and women who died for good causes , many because of what they believed - they are called martyrs but Jesus is not one of them. This man was not a martyr but a sacrifice - one that died in place of another. 

I dare call Him a man because the bible tells us that He was fully man but in reality He was more than a man. Those who lived in His day could not classify Him as a man : they always had to ask the question - what manner of man is this? The way He loved proved He was completely not from this place , He originated from somewhere. Yes , it's true ; He came from heaven!! 

Jesus had so much power and influence as He walked in flesh. It was impossible for any man on the earth to temper with Him apart from His will. However look with me at this scripture ; 

“He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.”
Isaiah 53:7 KJV

A man so powerful opened not His mouth in the moment of His torture. What had happened to the man who walked on water , a man who talked to trees and storms , a man who fed thousands , raised the dead , opened blind eyes and spoke with so much authority. Now He was silent........Yes , they didn't kill Jesus ; He gave up Himself willingly. There was no way a man like this could die , He could only do it by choice. 

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” John 10:17-18 KJV

He told us He was doing it for us, He did it for you. His death meant life to you. We live in a very evil society but because of Jesus we are set apart through the knowledge of God. Jesus became our access into this grace in which we stand. This gives us confidence any day , anywhere : with such knowledge that God is truly on our side and His Spirit dwells in us!! Love made Jesus do it. 

I pray this love stirs up confidence in your heart every moment of every day!! 

God bless you. 

Remember : you are dearly loved by God.❤️

2 comments:

  1. So encouraged! "Love made him do it!!!" Powerful (Thank you Man of God)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad this encourages you mighty woman. I am always stirred each time I think about this message of God's grace & how much it is impacting countless lives around the world. Love Story!!

    ReplyDelete