Thursday, April 14, 2016

You have confidence, don't lose it!!


“Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:”
Hebrews 10:35-36

The Spirit of Grace revealed to us how God , because of His love for us , made available a once off sacrifice for sin for all of eternity and for every person born of a woman; that includes you. 

Jeremiah speaking by the same Spirit declares : “........, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.””
Hebrews 10:17 

This stirs up my spirit each time I think about it ; my errors are no more charged to my account!! He came to do away with sin and sin consciousness. He came to make us perfect and He was successful in doing it!!

Because of sin consciousness , I hear many people saying ,"I am just human , I am not perfect." But look at this scripture with me : 

“For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.”Hebrews 10:14

If words mean anything to you , this scripture should transform your thinking. He is talking about you and me. He has already done it. We are perfect , not only for today but forever. This is the good news ; put trust in His works , not in your own. Jesus is our perfection!! 

Then He says that we are 'being made holy'. Holiness simply means to be sanctified or separated for a unique purpose. We are not making ourselves holy but we are being 'made holy'. It's impossible to be made holy without the revelation that you are already perfect. Holiness is not to achieve perfection but it is a response to the gift of righteousness; it is what righteousness in you through the word of God produces in your everyday life.  The most popular place holiness is mentioned in scripture is Exodus 3:5 - "....Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Wow, this is an amazing scripture; the place did not do anything to become holy ground but the presence of God produced that characteristic. It's about Him at work! 

Many times it doesn't feel or look like we are perfect and that's the reason He is instructing us that not to cast away our confidence in His accomplished victory but we have need of endurance. How do we endure : always looking at the promise and all that He has done for us, reminding ourselves that it's about Jesus and Him alone. Be encouraged today in Jesus' name !! 

Remember : You are dearly loved by God

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is deep Man of God. I honestly never saw it in this depth! I am so enriched! Keep up the good work! God bless you tonnes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you're enriched. I am so excited about the revelation of God's love in my personal life from studying the book of Romans, Ephesians and Hebrews. My desire is to see that same freedom even more empowering in the lives of many around the world.

      Delete